[DeTomaso] Home at last

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed May 1 16:23:03 EDT 2013

And like Panteras, the vette has little to no luggage space. Even less so
than a Pantera trunk. Since they flew in, they were probably not carrying
the tools and spare parts like Pantera owner would, so there's that
unclaimed space.

If it were my wife and I, we might have to rent a chase car for her
luggage.

Years back, I sold my 924 Turbo to a 65 year old lady in Oklahoma city who
wanted to drive it home from Florida.  Her husband, who was recovering from
back surgery and couldn't do the trip, and I spoke daily before and during
the trip. He said that once she gets an idea in her head she is unstoppable
and wanted the adventure. I picked her up at the Greyhound station late one
afternoon and offered her dinner and a place to sleep. She declined saying
that her night vision was poor and she wanted to get to Atlanta before
sundown. All the more reason to stay, but I saw first hand her
determination. No way she would make it to Atlanta before nightfall, so I
recommended a few towns close to when I think she should stop. Off she went
and I got emails from her husband twice a day on her progress. The car got
about 50 miles from her house and the fuel filter clogged up and had to be
towed the rest of the way. Husband said she was dumping fuel injector
cleaner every fillup and took blame for telling her to do it. I never would
have attempted it in that car and couldn't convince her or her husband
differently.

Rob