[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People - It is a DeTomaso

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:56:50 EDT 2013

I don't say it is a Pantera and leave it at that.

I don't call it a DeTomaso or Ford, either.

I say it is a DeTomaso Pantera, and I explain the relationship with Ford.

I don't see any problem with calling it a Pantera.  It doesn't get its
value from the name DeTomaso.  Maybe it would if DeTomaso were a household
name like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, or Porsche.

And, I can't say that DeTomaso would be a household name if Pantera owners
called them DeTomasos instead of Panteras.

As much as I like Fords and the relationship between Ford and Panteras, I
don't call them Fords either.  I call them DeTomaso Panteras.

You can call them whatever you want.  I really don't care.  I just want my
car back on the road.

--
Will