[DeTomaso] My story

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 30 08:45:04 EDT 2013

I was 17 years old and saw a Pantera in Asheville NC at a car show. The owner let me sit inside and I thought one day Ill have one, but Im just a skinny kid with no money. Had MGBs Mustangs and Corvettes and a Grand National. Paid off my home and in 2004 got the idea to look on ebay for the Pantera. Bid on several, but always lost the auctions. 1362 came up and I put in a 30g bid and went to the dragstrip. The next day I checked my email and I was a winner. The car was in WA state. I drew a big map on the shop wall and tracked the shipping for a week, it was a very long week too! When I went to the truck yard and sat inside one for the first time in 35 years. I thought......"I dont remember it being so small inside"  Guess I gained 30 pounds in 35 years. I lowered the floor and installed a smaller steering wheel. I fit fine. I took it to a show and a guy asked"how much"?  I said hell no it aint for sale. This is the car I wanted all my life, I got it and it ain't for sale! My story. Bill Gaino