[DeTomaso] My story

David Skinner skinnerdskinner at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 02:46:43 EDT 2013

In the spring of 1998, a few years out of college, after I had paid off my student loans, I set out to buy my dream car, a Ferrari 308.  I was in Los Angeles on business and I test drove a few of them that were for sale in the area.  They felt nothing like the posters I had on my wall as a kid.  They were quiet and they were slow.  By pure accident I came across an ad for a 1971 Pantera with 41,000 original miles.  I remembered as a teenager working at Car Quest and seeing one pull up in the parking lot and I remembered it being amazing.  I drove a few miles to check it out.  When I saw it in person everything I remembered came flooding back to me.  When the guy who owned it gave me the keys and I started it, it felt like hell was being unleashed all around me.  It was so loud, and when I drove it, it was so fast and so low and so tight that all I did after I drove it was pay him in cash the $25,000 dollars he was asking for it.  I have been a Pantera owner ever since then, and I always will be. I´ll never sell it.  I´m Pantera proud and I just wanted to share my story.

Cheers, david