[DeTomaso] problem with starter and now ignition switch

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 19:14:28 EDT 2013

Hi all. I have been having problems with my starter. The last starter
stopped working would just click. Put in a new BB starter (just like last
one. After only a few days I started having a problem with the Bendix gear
not engaging. A few tries and it would engage. The car seemed like it was
running on a little longer then normal ( I had read that wiring starter
wrong can cause run on when turning car off) just now I started the car
after an episode of it not starting due to Bendix not engaging. This time
car started but when I turned it off the starter was still spinning ( with
out the Bendix engaged and the running lights were on and the key was
turned all the way off! I had to disconnect the battery to stop the starter
from spinning. Does this sound like a combination of a bad Bendix gear and
a bad ignition switch or a wiring problem as well as either a bad starter
 or a bad ignition switch or all three?
Boyd
P.S.
Any one know the best place to get a new ignition switch?