[DeTomaso] Question on MPG Port Plaes

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jan 27 12:04:14 EST 2013

When I used the intake port plates, I used copper coat gasket on the
head side and nothing else.  On the manifold side I used a set of printo
seal gaskets.  Note these do not have the turkey tray.

If I were to do it again (and I didn't on my last rebuild after talking
to Dan Jones), I would use the turkey tray against the head, then the
port plate, then a set of printo seal gaskets on the intake side.
You'll also need to check clearances on the ends because of the
stack-up.  You may need two gaskets or a judicious amount of RTV.

Asa

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA