[DeTomaso] Weber debate

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Sat Jan 26 16:47:01 EST 2013

"Why buy a 1971 Pantera when you can have a new Corvette?

> Why do Webers when you could do fuel injection?
>
> Jeff
> 6559"

Now, Gary . . . don't be a stinker!

Butt, seriously:  a big inch lump 4bbl. motor is quite different from a weber/IR EFI zingzing motor.  The whole character of the car changes.

and then we have the "deRyke" effect.  ( http://www.poca.com/index.php/component/content/article/186-tcnw )

IMO, Webers or the IR EFI motor just has to have 180 headers.  and possibly the opposite (180 headers demand webers?)

Almost every Pantera is different.  and SHOULD BE.  Tart it up to your taste and budget, then drive it (or don't) how you like.  Don't make me tell you the story of the 2 hr debate about whether the King Dick screwdriver is the only proper tool for a concours tool kit.
and one other thing . . . don't tell me what my car needs!

David, grouchy and snowing in Durango.
if you can't make it fast, make it loud.

hahahahaha