[DeTomaso] Engine Break In - Oil Pump Prime

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:58:27 EST 2013

I have also done this with a ratchet.  It doesn't have to be a drill.

If it has way more drag, it is pumping.  Keep at it and the oil pressure
gauge will move, then you should hear it blowing out the air in the
lifers/pushrods, and finally you should see oil coming out the tops of the
pushrods by the rockers.

If you don't, something is wrong.

--
Will