[DeTomaso] Engine Break In - Oil Pump Prime

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:13:31 EST 2013

Were all 4 oil galley plugs put back in?  2 in front and 2 in the
back.  There are a few more on an FE motor and I forgot one in the
front,  My oil just leaked out that hole and I never got pressure.  I
think there are only the 4 on a 351C and they're so hard to get out,
it's easy to remember to put them back.  Just making sure.  And I
secretly enjoy inspiring automotive hypochondria.

But what Will says, just keep pumping CCW.  It can take a minute.  I
think I had a high volume pump on my last 351C rebuild (in my '68
Fastback) and it took less than a minute ;)

sean