[DeTomaso] Electric Choke

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Thu Dec 19 01:41:30 EST 2013

The electric choke method shown in the previous emails did not come from
me.

The Autolite carb choke operates on 6 volts which can  be taken from the
stator terminal of the alternator. I have not see an  electrical connection
for the choke on any Pantera electrical diagrams.  My Autolite carb has no
choke heater wiring.

Holley carbs require 12 volts for the choke. I know of no convenient place
to find ignition switched 12 volts in the Pantera engine compartment. You
could  connect the Holley choke to the alternator stator terminal but it
would take 4x  (half the voltage, half the current, one fourth the power) longer
to heat  up.

You could run a fused wire from the supply side of Fuse #11 (the Engine Run
 Buss) thru the rocker tunnel (easy to do via the seatbelt side anchor
opening)  to the Holley choke. This would require no relay and will only heat
the  choke when the ignition is in Run.

The main  thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
Do the best you can with what  your have where you are.
Have fun  today!
SOBill