[DeTomaso] Electric Choke

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Thu Dec 19 13:16:30 EST 2013

Why are we running a new wire?  I just used the wire that is in the OEM loom.  It still works great.  Look at your wiring diagram.

>>>The short answer is that connecting the electric choke to the existing ignition wire can act as a rev limiter for your ignition system.

If you do not use a relay, and if you are not using the factory throttler position solenoid, there will be a red wire at the (approximate) center of the firewall that can be extended to the new electric choke’s PLUS (+) terminal.

John