[DeTomaso] From Dick Ruzzin...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 14:33:35 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

Dick isn't on the forum anymore but asked me to post this for him:

From: Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 19:18:47 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: MANGUSTA DESIGN
To: dickruzzindesign at aol.com

To:
FRIENDS,  DeTOMASO MANGUSTA ENTHUSIASTS, FANS, CAR DESIGNERS, ENGINEERS,
CAR LOVERS, SCULPTORS,  ITALIANS,  GERMANS,  FRENCHMEN, AMERICANS,  WRITERS,
ARTISTS,  WRENCHES AND ALL OTHERS WHO NOTICE CARS IN AN INTENSE WAY:

We probably have never met but I wanted you to know that I have written an
article for Automotive Quarterly Magazine that will appear in the next
issue, December of 2012. The article is about the design of the DeTomaso
Mangusta.  To my knowledge no professional designer or anyone else has ever written
specifically about the appearance and function of the design even though it
is now over forty years old.

I am an automobile designer myself and have owned Mangusta 8MA670 since
September of 1969 so putting these two experiences together results in some
interesting insights into the creation and execution of the design as well as
the aesthetic result.  Some that I discovered myself while recently writing
the article even though I have owned the car for over forty years.  Sometimes
putting two and two together for the first time yields results not
anticipated.

If you know anyone that is a DeTomaso or Mangusta fan please pass this on
to them as I think my perspective will be fun and enlightening.  I have found
that the total car as an automotive concept is very misunderstood and that
there is so much more to it to be enthusiastic about besides its beautiful
emotional and dynamic shape..

Thank You for your time.

All the best,
Dick Ruzzin.