[DeTomaso] From Dick Ruzzin...

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Thu Oct 11 18:33:16 EDT 2012

Thanks Dick Ruzzin for doing your article.

AQ is the best book out there and I am glad you did the story. I bought an AQ maybe 30 years ago that had an small article about the new de Tomaso Mangusta coming out, maybe the AQ was a 66 or 67? Such an overlooked dynamic physical spirit of a car, and fun to drive.
Sometimes a perfect car for those who have the need for people to look at them. Insecure drivers need not apply. Should not it as a get away bank robbing car.

I was showing a friend Sunday some photos I took with a Minox in Rome during Dec of 71. Both were taken on the Via Veneto in Rome. One is of a lime green Espada and the other is of a red Mangusta. Three days later I saw the third Bora leave the factory door while Ghiblis were being made.
I was bit hard and thank God a cure for this Italian car illness was never found and have owned and still do all those four cars seen that week in Rome.

Tom Tjaarda told me as we were looking at my Mangusta that if the roof length/center of car would have been three or so inches longer so a normal size person could sit, use the pedals better and exit better, then the proportions would have been wrong.
I can handle some suffering.

Glad to see you are doing well, Dick.

Jeff

Jeff Cobb