[DeTomaso] Installing seats

robert stewart rspink2012 at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 23:12:42 EDT 2012

I have Sparco Torino seats in my car. Kirk Evans built me a custom adapter which bolted to the Sparco slider and then allowed me to bolt the seats easily to the orignal holes in the floor.  He only needed a couple of easy measurments for me to build the adapters. For me this was a great way to go I would reach out to KIrk if you like.

Mike is right about the height of the seats. The adapter raises the seat about 1/2 an inch in front of the seat.  I don't have lowered pans. So for me at 5 -10 this works fine with no helmet . Gets very tight with a helmet. If you are taller it could get quite tight.

 The other thing to consider is the actual height of the back of the seat . I have 2 3/4 inches of space between the top of the seat and the roof of the car, I know when I was seat shopping there were some seats which would not have fit under the roof.

Rob