[DeTomaso] coolant Temp senders, engine block

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 18 19:12:18 EDT 2012

I've gone through SOBills gearhead database and come up with the
following for temp senders that would install to the engine block and
supposedly make the stock Veglia gauge read correctly:

Autozone TS-58:  Crosses to a Napa Echlin TS6628, 22.7-25.5 ohms at 220
Deg F.

Napa TS-25621 (listed as the bomb for the Pantera):  Crosses to a Napa
Echlin TS6628, same as above

Borg-Warner WT324:  Crosses to a Napa Echlin TS6153, 15.2-19 ohms at 220
Deg F.  (This is the Mustang unit by the way)

There are also a couple of entries that list a 10 ohm 1/2 watt resistor
in line with the stock gauge makes the Ford temp sender read properly.
Based on that knowledge, my guess is...

- if you use the Napa TS6153 (Mustang part), then you'll need the extra
resistor.
- if you use the Napa TS6628, the resistance is already built-in

I picked up a stock Mustang sender which happened to be TS6153, and
-then- I thought I better check the gearhead database.  Glad I did.
I'll take this one back and trade it for a TS6628.

OH! and for those looking for a part number to buy, when Mike Drew
posted his photo of a radiator drain-cock that had an outlet port for
connecting to a hose, you'll probably want Napa EATON Weatherhed part
number WH6660.  They're about $10 ea. at the store, $9 on line.  I'd
recommend four myself, two for the radiator (upper left, lower left),
and two for the engine block (left and right side).

Off to the store we go.

Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired