[DeTomaso] Good three-wire alternator?

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 19 13:30:07 EDT 2012

Question:

Could the alternator to amp gauge wire get corroded enough to overheat?

I moved my battery to the engine compartment and in the process I removed
the big fat wire that used to go to the amp gauge.

I'm at work right now, so I can't easily run out and split the wire apart to
see if it is corroded.  The ends didn't look nice and fresh when I took it
off, though.