[DeTomaso] PRI Consumer Reports: LED taillights

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 21:39:32 EDT 2012

Dear Forum,

                        This is short report on the Space City Panteras
Fourth Generation LED light set for the Pantera.

                     Some years ago, I bought their first generation set.
It seemed to be good.   On the Road to Phoenix, my brother and I took both
Panteras and I was able to see the LED taillights in Pantera 2 in action for
the first time.   Good news: brake lights are excellent.   Bad news: Signal
lights are barely  visible.   This is with the GT5 tail lights.

                     I ordered the SPCP's latest LED iteration which is
their fourth generation set.   I installed the taillights today.   I didn't
road test them, but they are three quantum levels of light output better
than the generation one.   Muy bueno LEDs.    Way to go, SCPC!

                       I am told that John Haas of Pantera Electronics has
an LED set and one of our Oklahoma members has it.   I will plan on doing a
cowboy-seat-of-the-pants highly non-technical side-by-side comparison test
in the indefinite future and report back.   The SCPC tail light-only kit of
brake, reverse and signal bulbs was only $139, IIRC and I think that is less
than PE's.   Anyway, it is a lot of light for the money.

                                 Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles