[DeTomaso] Cleveland starters - Looking for thoughts on the subject (long)

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:03:12 EDT 2012

Jerry,
I have a DB starter in my Pantera ( I don't remember the model # but I did
specify that it was for a 351 Cleveland .
I had the original starter for 6 months before installing it. When I did
install it I didn't follow the wiring instructions that came with it from
DB but instead used wiring  that was on the car. ( I was having hot start
problems). When I put the DB starter in the car it started but would not
start when hot (as usual) I called DB and they sent me a new starter so
fast that I had not even pulled the first DB starter out of my car! This
time I followed their instructions and the starter has worked flawlessly
ever since  ( 2 years ago) It cranks with more power hot then my old
starter did cold! I returned the first DB starter to them ( which in fact
had nothing wrong with it. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with
both the DB starter and the people at the company , they are both great!

Boyd