[DeTomaso] pizza car

Rich hoppe1 at cox.net
Sun Apr 22 17:54:04 EDT 2012

I live 10 miles from the event.
It is a good thing I have AC in my garage.
The round door car has a lot of original paint, I buffed and polished it
today and it still looks pretty good.
I just get a smile when I hear the rest of the Pantera guys doing the same
thing I am doing.
This is the first time I don't drive to the event.
The drive is a lot of fun.
My high school car buddy George from Colorado is coming down to attend.
He drove with me to Vegas when we used to do the show downtown.
He was Video taping the drive.
I remember we were traveling up to Vegas on a two lane road and George is
filming with a naration.
"We are in the Valley of the Sun-- it is raining-- the rain is holding down
the speed-- How fast are we traveling?--- 100 I answer."
It was fun.
My Dad passed away 22years ago.
I talked him into driving with me to Vegas one year and he said " One thing
is understood if I drive faster than 80 he will not drive back with me-- he
will take a plane back to Chicago from Vegas."
We were running in a group of about 10 cars,  he looks over and asks "how
fast are going.  I said 100.  He said -- well pick it up we are falling
behind the group." I am so glad he went.
Rich