[DeTomaso] gas tank float switch

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 13:38:57 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/2/12 16 13 3, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Can anyone suggest the best place to get the  lowest price on a
> replacement
> gas tank fuel gauge sending unit? Wikinson has it for $169.95 and I was
> wondering if anyone knows of a better price or a substitute?
> Thank's
> Boyd

That's a really good price--they used to be double that if not more.

I'd replace an entire unit if I had an entire unit that needed replacing.
But if the unit works electrically and the only problem is that the float,
doesn't, then I'd just replace the float.   Any float will do.   I just
heard from somebody who fixed his fuel level sender himself that way a week or
two ago.