[DeTomaso] Hagerty Driving Experience at Ruby's Diner in Redondo Beach

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:25:37 EDT 2011

I agree with Asa Jay. Actually, the Pantera is a fairly easy car to learn
on. With the torque you can make a few mistakes and still get going. Both my
girls learned to drive my Pantera. They even drove it to high school. The
clutch wasn't as bad as the heavy steering when you are going slow.

If you do it, bring along a pillow for shorter drivers so they can reach the
clutch and brakes well.

As a side note, I think it's important for girls to learn to drive stick
shift. You never know when a date may be drinking and need a designated
driver. It's a life skill.  %^)

Jeff
6559