[DeTomaso] Hagerty Driving Experience at Ruby's Diner in Redondo Beach

Tabetha Salsbury tsalsbury at HAGERTY.com
Wed Oct 19 16:25:39 EDT 2011

Hello:

This is Tabetha Salsbury- Youth Advocacy Coordinator for Hagerty. It seems that there may be some confusion regarding the earlier post about the Hagerty Driving Experience at the Ruby's Diner in Redondo Beach coming up on November 12.

This event is designed specifically to get young drivers in classic cars to not only teach them how to drive a manual transmission, but to also help spark the interest and excitement of classic cars to help build the next generation of classic car enthusiasts and collectors.

The initial e-mail sent to POCA this morning was meant to highlight the various ways to get involved-including extending the invitation for your children, grandchildren, young friends or family members to participate.

While we partner with local collectors to provide the cars that the participants will drive, we also realize that not all classic cars are ideal for teaching anyone-young or old-to drive a manual. We work through a variety of local car clubs, museums and friends to secure the 10 cars of all different years, makes and models for the participants to drive.

At our first event held in Dearborn, MI we had cars ranging from a 1928 Packard phaeton to a 1955 Porsche cabriolet and even a 1963 Corvette split-window coupe.

Out of the 35 participants at the Dearborn event (of which over half had never driven a manual before), only two of them slightly struggled on clutch operations-and by the end of it, they had it down.

This event is held on a closed course and each driver is paired with an instructor who are with them at all times in the vehicle. It's about getting the kids in the cars and giving them the opportunity to drive, touch and enjoy the cars and build their knowledge of driving a manual.

Seeing Panteras could be considered as not necessarily being the most 'ideal' car to learn to drive a manual on, we would like to focus more on extending the invitation to you for any young driver you know to take part or for you to just join us the day of the event to witness it. Our registration is limited to 30 participants and will likely fill quickly.

If you have any further questions about this program, please feel free to contact me directly at 231-922-8837 or by e-mail at tsalsbury at hagerty.com<mailto:tsalsbury at hagerty.com>.

Thank you for your interest in this event and hopefully some of you will be able to join us on November 12 to witness this great event!

Tabetha Salsbury  >>  Youth Advocacy Coordinator  >>  Hagerty

P:  231.922.8837  C:  231.313.7475  F:  231.922.8887  E:  tsalsbury at hagerty.com

WWW.HAGERTY.COM  |  141 RIVER'S EDGE DR., SUITE 200, TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684

This communication, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s). Any dissemination, copying, or disclosure of this communication is prohibited without express written authorization. If you received this communication in error, please immediately notify Hagerty by telephone at 231 933-3798, destroy the original message and all copies, and permanently delete any electronic copies. Thank you.