[DeTomaso] NPC: Oil Anyone?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:28:34 EDT 2011

I have to agree with Ken that Snopes is not the unbiased source of
confirmation of facts that I once thought it was. I have seen several
instances of mis-information provided by Snopes in the past few months. They
have a definite agenda and can not be relied upon as the defacto source for
confirmation of facts. Of course that doesn't lend any veracity to the oil
find story. I do know there has been very significant activity in the
purchase of drilling rights in the area and I have seen several news stories
about dirt poor farmers becoming multi millionaires overnight by selling the
rights to drill on their property. If the entire story is true and the oil
companies were sitting on the reserves to control the current pricing it
would not surprise me at all. that is what DeBeers has been doing with the
Diamond market for one hundred years. (Diamonds are not really very rare,
there was a huge deposit found in Canada in the recent past) The DeBeers
cartel controls the supply and pricing of diamonds for the entire planet
(with the exception of "Conflict Diamonds" That's the main reason "conflict
" or "Blood" Diamonds have gotten so much publicity. It's not because anyone
really cares about the hardships being suffered by people in Africa who are
being exploited because of the Diamonds. There have been hundreds of
thousands of people killed in Africa in areas not involved with "conflict
Diamonds" and you hardly hear a peep about them. It's all about the almighty
buck.
Sorry for getting on the soap box it just pisses me off. (not the price of
Diamonds but the screwing of the American people)
Boyd