[DeTomaso] NPC: Oil Anyone?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:22:02 EDT 2011

Thanks Ken, I did find the Bakken claim on a conservative site.  I
really do appreciate the discussion.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/bakken.htm

I'm still not partial to the larger claims in the email, but I agree
with the analysis given in the header on the truthorfiction site.  It
was thorough and factual.

I do disagree that Soros is an influence on Snopes.  Snopes is
moderated by discussion lists and there may well be some bias in the
participants.  Truthorfiction also does not believe Soros influences
snopes, and this is their analysis:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/snopes.htm

I ended up spending a lot of time on this, it must have been important
to me, and I'm not really sure why.  The internet in its infinite
wisdom could direct me to screeds that completely agreed with me and
others that did the opposite.  Few of them seemed interested in being
factual, much less in the middle where so much truth lies.  I like to
joke that reality has a liberal bias, but that's not really being
honest.  The truth just is.  And you can't find it easily from your
couch.

sean