[DeTomaso] Pantera Shop Manual

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 17:08:59 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/19/11 13 45 7, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> 2: An original
> 3-ring-bound '71-'74 Pantera shop manual with authentic grease stains and
> few ripped pages for $85 and a June 1995 edition of Collectible Automobile
> featuring the '71-'74 Pantera: "Born for the U.S.A" for $10.  I bought the
> Collectible Automobile magazine and a bunch of other stuff before I found
> the shop manual. I tried to talk him down, but he wouldn't budge and I had
> already spent my wad (it's a cash-only type of event). What is a fair
> price
> for the manual? It seemed pretty comprehensive.
>

>>>Indeed, and no owner should be without it!

That asking price is way high; they are available brand new from the
various Pantera vendors, and the POCA club store, for $65.   The illustrations
might be a bit more clear in an original manual, but I wouldn't pay a price
premium for that.

The manual is a great thing to have; there are also supplemental documents
such as the Technical Service Bulletins (updates to the manual) and Pantera
Service Highlights, which was a school text for Ford mechanics who went to
Detroit for the How-To-Fix-Panteras class.

All of these are available both in paper format, and as part of a
comprehensive CD-ROM (actually on a DVD as the files are too large and numerous to
fit on a CD-ROM); the latter is the best deal going, for $65.

Mike (prefers the paper products for ease of use....)