[DeTomaso] ANSA mufflers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 23 19:12:43 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/23/11 16 08 30, PanteraPlace at hotmail.com writes:

> My front engine inspection hatch is not
> covered with any sound deading material so I expect I could cut the
> interior
> db level with sound deading material work.

There are large gains in passenger comfort to be had here.   I used normal
household door weatherstripping around the opening, so that the flange of
the removable hatch presses firmly against it.   The entire firewall and the
hatch are covered first with Dynamat, then some generic JC Whitney heat/noise
absorbing material (cheap and effective).   My car is a LOT quieter inside
than most (I also have a stainless steel second firewall, with more JC
Whitney stuff between the two firewalls, which is doublessly helping as well).