[DeTomaso] beading water tubes?

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 4 18:46:19 EDT 2011

I didn't put a bead on my polished stainless pipe 1 3/8" and 1 3/8" hose.

I lubed it with blue rtv, figuring it would help the pipe slide into the
hose, and once cured would help it all stay put.  I double clamped it too.

I only recently pulled it apart, after having sat with no water for over a
year.

It slipped right out.

When I put it back together, I'm going to have a bead of some kind on the
tube.  Losing a hot water hose under pressure isn't my idea of fun.

a) take it to a muffler shop and have them expand the pipe a bit, and then
cut off the excess
b) buy a tool to expand the pipe, and then cut off the excess
c) buy a cool tool I saw to roll beads - but it's expensive
d) the compression fitting comment that was made earlier in this thread
sounds interesting.  I may look into that.
e) I have thought about wire wrapped around and soldered as previously
mentioned.

So many choices.