[DeTomaso] beading water tubes?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jun 4 17:14:41 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/4/11 11:04:06 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I bought some 1 1/2 stainless tubing to run under the car and and am
> wondering about getting a bead on it.  Is a bead necessary with a double
> clamped hose?  Is it easier to lay a small bead with a welder?

A bead may not be necessary if you use water to ease a 1-3/8" dia hose on.
If you use WD-40 or similar, maybe..., Some guys solder or braze a small
piece of wire around the tube to make a bead, SS brazes beautifully once any
polish is scrubbed off. Professional beaders are a couple of hundred dollars
in cost. Good luck- J DeRyke