[DeTomaso] beading water tubes?

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Jun 5 10:16:46 EDT 2011

Will,

Here is an easily made hand beader using a vise grip and muffler clamp.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tech-tips/110097-cheap-tubing-bead-roller.html

An alternative to this is a large strap hinge with the clamp welded inside
one arm and the woodruff key welded inside the other.  If you grind the
muffler clamp flat and use the tool with an air chisel flat driver blade or
inside a power planishing hammer you also have a sheet metal groover for
stiffing lines in aluminum and steel panels.  Since my had strength isn't
what it was some years ago I find the power beader and grover a lot easier
to use.

Lazy in my old age,
jerry