[DeTomaso] EFI Fuel Pump

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 3 06:02:26 EDT 2011

I spoke to the tech at Aeromotive. He said the excesive heat caused the
problem. At first, he thought it might have been a vacuum lock, but I told
him I removed the cap at one point. Also, this fuel system has been
trouble-free for 3 yrs.
I think the heat partially toasted the windings in the electric pump motor.
I've seen this before with larger electric motors.
I've ordered another and will send this one in for a test/rebuild.
I wish I had of known of Weldon earlier. I would have bought one of them as
they seem to be a much better pump AND cheaper.
Will