[DeTomaso] EFI Fuel Pump

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:35:52 EDT 2011

Hi Will,

Just thinking outloud....I use a Mallory 4140 on my protouring chevy
nova...it makes about 500 horse in a 406 inch small block chevy...its worked
fine for years, but its carbed....so it only carries about 8 or 9 psi...Im
surprised the aeromotive system failed you. I assume you are using a return
style regulator right? I have seen a few systems try and "dead head" the
fuel supply at the regulator without returning to the tank with a low
pressure line...wears the pump out pretty fast...

I have an aeromotive pump on my 5.0 mustang...its closer to 400 horse but
again, its always worked great. When it was supercharged I was rising
pressure on the regulator with boost...still an Aeromotive pump...worked
good then.

I wonder what happened?

Cullen

Subject: [DeTomaso] EFI Fuel Pump

Can anyone recommend a good external electric fuel pump tha that will
support >550hp?
My aeromotive didn't last too long
Will