[DeTomaso] Darn speedo cable

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Jul 25 14:49:57 EDT 2011

It is doable, but not fun. Rather than waste much more time, undo the 4
bolts holding your steering column in place and lower the column. From the
access point, you can get to the two thumb-nuts (that's Thumb, not Numb)
holding the speedo to the bracket that keeps the speed in place. Thread up
the trip reset cable and pull the speedo out a bit. You should be able to
get to the back of the speedo and screw it in.