[DeTomaso] Darn speedo cable

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Mon Jul 25 15:30:11 EDT 2011

The cable end should slide onto a piece of the speedo, about 1 cm, which
guides the cable so that it should not be a problem threading the ring
onto the speedo. Verify that the cable is properly attached to the
speedo, and doesn't flop around before trying to get the threads to engage.

I've done it several times, without having to drop the steering column
or remove the speedo, and my hands are fairly large.

I tried to find a photo of the speedo, but I'm not at home and I have
only a fraction of my photos on the MacBook.

Good luck,
Thomas