[DeTomaso] Factory Documents

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:11:35 EDT 2011

I'll have to take a look myself!

The last doc at the bottom of the page
looks like a work order for Oscar Pfister dated May 31st 1977. The car had the odometer of
57,615 Km.

The second to last document is dated May 29th 1973 and appears to be an options list for a
radio, 10" campys, and 3 things I can not decifer.  This factory document lists the car as
a GTS.

The first doc in this new group, is the typical company form, and it definitely shows the
car as a GTS, selling for 4 million, 659 thousand (+) lira. Body color Argento and Nero
(Silver & black)

The numbers on the form (VIN, motor number etc...) match the ID plates in the photos you
sent earlier.

The document added earlier, is the German import document (with a typo in the VIN), as you
know.  Dated June 29th., 1973, this document further confirms the GTS status.

Your car is one of the better documented Euro-cars!

As to a BSN, any Euro-car receiving a BSN was a bit of a hit-and-miss proposition.
Few Euro-market cars received one.

Chuck

 All,
About a month ago I picked up on the Pantera International forum that you could get copies
of original factory documents for all cars sold outside of the USA.  I contacted RS Corse
in Italy and gave them the serial number of my Euro GTS and to see if they had
documentation for my car.   They replied they had the documents so I ponied up the 157
euros and asked them to send me copies.   The price was kinda steep in my estimation but I
decided to do it to verify my long standing question if my car was truly a GTS and to
hopefully get the body service number because there were no tags on it when I got it 25
years ago.

It took almost 2 weeks after they got my money before the sent the documents but they
finally did arrive.   There were only 3 documents, all in Italian of course, which
appeared to be an order form, an invoice and an options list.   I added scanned copies to
my photos on Provo Mo at
http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNNJ05186/RTHPNNJ05186.asp for
your viewing pleasure.

If anybody can read Italian and tell me what they say, I'd appreciate it.

Tom