[DeTomaso] NPC: Oversteer?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 19:18:10 EST 2011

Sean, are you sure you mean oversteer? FWD cars are notorious for under
steer- that is, overwhelming the front tires traction by trying to both steer
and accelerate from the front wheels at the same time, which results in
massive sliding of the front tires. It's difficult (I'm told; I don't drive such
skinny-tire things that vigorously)) to get the rear end of such cars to
slide- which is oversteer.

And when oversteer does happen, it's often because you picked a rear tire
off the ground from too stiff a front swaybar or too short rear shock travel.
Cars nearly always corner better with all 4 tires touching the pavement.
And they look teetery on 3 wheels, maybe telling you you're close to using the
roof as a traction aid.... Cheers- J Deryke