[DeTomaso] NPC - CA vehicle code question

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:12:04 EST 2011

Signage is not a requirement in most states, however roads must be certified
for radar use after they have been accepted by the state from the building
contractor
I.e. if you could access a road under construction, drive on it and go 160,
and get caught. You're going to get busted for wreckless driving (which can
be beat) and trespassing, but not speeding.  Because the road hasn't been
"delivered" to the state, nor has it been tested for extraneous signals
which could cause false readings.
Michael Shortt.
On Jan 16, 2011 2:21 PM, "Larry Finch" <fresnofinches at aol.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> On occasion I see a roadside sign that states, more or less,
>
> "Speed enforced by Radar"
>
> Sometimes with the addition of "County wide".
>
> I believe this is a required notice for radar-based speeding tickets to be
considered
> legal and enforceable.
>
> Am I correct in this belief or have I incorrectly gained this idea? Does
anyone know the vehicle code/law section this is outlined in?

> Additionally, I'm wondering if this is in fact CA law, has it been updated
to include laser-based enforcement?

> My Valentine V-1 works fine for radar but once it picks up laser, it will
probably be too late. Too fine a beam and not enough scatter.