[DeTomaso] NPC - CA vehicle code question

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 14:11:56 EST 2011

 All,

On occasion I see a roadside sign that states, more or less,

"Speed enforced by Radar"

Sometimes with the addition of "County wide".

I believe this is a required notice for radar-based speeding tickets to be considered
legal and enforceable.

Am I correct in this belief or have I incorrectly gained this idea? Does anyone know the vehicle code/law section this is outlined in?

Additionally, I'm wondering if this is in fact CA law, has it been updated to include laser-based enforcement?

My Valentine V-1 works fine for radar but once it picks up laser, it will probably be too late. Too fine a beam and not enough scatter.

I'm wondering if the notification law (if in fact it even exists) has not been updated to include laser,
if that could be a defense against a laser-based citation?

Larry - not a real concern yet - but based on my history.......  ;-)