[DeTomaso] Tire preservation/red neck science

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 13:34:01 EDT 2011

I think that sounds like fun, but just putting them in a plastic bag
(like a garbage bag) is fine.  You just don't want *more* ozone
getting to the tire.  Ozone is created all the time by sunlight, smog,
fax machines... it's not a stable molecule and it's reactive.  Once
all the ozone in the bag reacts (just a tiny tiny amount) there won't
be more to replenish it.

Overkill is everything though.  Maybe an inert gas replacement like
filling the bag with argon would evacuate more oxygen molecules than a
vacuum pump?  An advantage to the vacuum pump would be the bags
wouldn't look... baggy.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso