[DeTomaso] I unbroke my carburetor!

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:14:31 EDT 2011

> Now here's my problem. To set the float level, you need to remove the sight
> screw so that the fuel level is just below the hole.

Remove the float bowls and invert them.  The floats should be parallel to the
tops of the bowls (when inverted).  If the floats are too low in the bowl,
you won't get enough float drop so the needle and seats won't open far enough.
You may not notice at low fuel rates but at WOT, the engine will go lean and
stumble at high RPM as you drain the bowls empty.

Dan Jones