[DeTomaso] Repaired Radiator Report

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:54:02 EDT 2011

Drove #1660 on Saturday and Sunday for a combined 80 miles during 85 degree
days.
My Hall Phoenix lay forward radiator was removed, small leak repaired,
boiled, tanks removed, tubes cleaned, tanks reattached, painted and
reinstalled.
Previous to this, 200+ was common operating temp, hot summer days raised the
temp as well as my dander.
Today, I stayed in the 170 range and only saw 180ish after a mile or so at
120 mph to burn the carbon off, excise my inner child, or just because I
took a chance and escaped detection yet again.
The best idling experience since I've owned the car.

If you are running hot, maybe a simple radiator cleaning is the answer.

Michael Shortt