[DeTomaso] OK, now what did I screw up?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:28:24 EDT 2011

Hi Sports Fans,

Thanks for the help during the past few days. I now have the carb off the
car and am investigating.

1) The linkage associated with the secondary side is working just fine. As
soon as the butterflies begin to open, fuel begins to squirt as it should.
2) With the carb on the bench, opening the fuel float level window results
in a flood of gas... apparently the secondary side bowl was completely full.
The question is why?

The floats appeared to move with no problems when I had the carb apart, so
while it would suggest a needle valve stuck open, or a stuck float, that
would be somewhat unlikely.

I'm now disassembling the carb again to see what I see inside... stay tuned!

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"