[DeTomaso] OBX Mufflers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 16:07:05 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/7/11 12 39 29, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Agreed- from their appearance they were cheap stainless-case glass-paks
> welded to a half-loop inlet, and likely wouldn't have 'silenced' very long
> before the fiberglas packing blew out the back.
>

>From their appearance?   Have you ever actually held a set in your hands?
Have you ever heard a car that has them installed?   Have you ever heard of
an actual failure?

I suspect not.

PIM has been selling them for years, and later an E-bay source has been
selling them directly to Pantera owners.   There are lots of cars running
around with these on them, and I have seen/heard them myself, I've also shipped
several sets to European owners.   I have yet to hear a single complaint, and
everyone I know who has them absolutely raves about them.

So I wouldn't be so quick to condemn them based on conjecture based on a
small photo from a website.

Now, aesthetically, the other mufflers they sell leave quite a bit to be
desired in my opinion...but the ones in question look just like Mind Train
mufflers, i.e. awesome.