[DeTomaso] Who makes the best clutch for the Pantera?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:51:16 EDT 2010

There has been much discussion on this topic over the years and I'm sure you'll get several good answers, but I'll add an option
I've used before.  I've had a few discs and pressure plates rebuilt here in San Antonio by a company that does all sorts of work
for industrial brake and clutch systems, air brakes, boosters etc.  They have several lining options, measure spring pressures,
ask if you want to upgrade anything, balance the final assemblies and just about anything else you want to do.  They do the flywheels
too.  I've had very good luck with all the work they have done for the Panteras and a few other projects (350 to 500 hp).  I don't know
if this is somewhat unique to my area and this company, but I doubt it.  Check for a local industrial brake and clutch outfit as a option.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa