[DeTomaso] Who makes the best clutch for the Pantera?

Richard H. Schulze rschulze at uis-usa.com
Tue Oct 12 12:29:16 EDT 2010

Who makes the best clutch for the Pantera?  I guess it might be a bad
question given that I have only found three clutches, two of them made by
Centerforce.  The third clutch is offered by PI Motorsports.

I like the looks of the centerforce clutch, but I am not sure how well it
works or if it requires a special flywheel.  Any advice?  Are there any
other options that don't cost $1000.00?  Most of the clutches cost about
$375 and only the PI Motorsports kit comes with a throw out bearing.  There
is no talk of a throw out bearing in the centerforce clutch advertisements.
Can a stock throw out bearing be used on the centerforce clutches?

I have a 351 Cleveland that has been stroked and bored to 400 cid with
aluminum closed chamber heads and small ports.  I have about 450 HP with no
plans for nitrous or more horse power.

Thanks,

Richard Schulze in Dallas, Texas