[DeTomaso] Gas tank woes

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun May 16 16:45:39 EDT 2010

The real culprit to my gas tank issue was found when I stripped off the
massive undercoating on the gas shield.  Look at the link below please and
let me know what is actually damaged.

The structure right behind the tank shield has been bent down and is now
wrapped over the tank shield.  When the damage occurred, it busted the
bracket (top right) off of the tank shield.  Also, there are two mount holes
in the bottom left (not visible) that popped out of the fender.  The tank
shield is wedged and does not move due to the crimp at the top.
<http://www.cardomain.com/user/RideEditPage.aspx?page=7&u=1&page_id=3341642>
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3341642/7

What is the mass that is bent over?  Is that the gas tank or insulation.  It
is solid and does not bend easily.  I am afraid that if it is the tank, I
will break open.

Rob