[DeTomaso] Gas tank woes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 16 10:49:38 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/16/10 6:26:11 AM, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

>  I can't see how the two mounts I see from the fender well could be the
> main supports for the tank.  What else holds the tank in place and do I need
> to fix or adjust other mounts once I get the two wheel well mounts in
> place to make sure it stays put?

ALL that actually holds the tank is the strap- honest!. It sits on a pad
wrapped around the frame rail but the 'holding' is all done with only the
strap. Once the tank is shifted to your liking, you may need to slip a second
small bolt in the holding-strap's lower slot, as a prevention for the tank
sliding back to its original position. My estimate is a 3/4-full tank weighs
around 115 lbs. Good luck- J Deryke