[DeTomaso] Shock update-help

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 1 19:27:08 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/1/10 16 13 14, panteratime at aol.com writes:

> Ride height seems ok.  Do I need to tread the collar up at least 1/2 inch
> or so?  seems like its sitting on minimul thread now.

Moving it won't let it sit on 'more' thread.   If the collar is 1/4 inch
thick, it's going to be on 1/4 inch of thread no matter where you put it.

Sounds to me like you're done!   If the ride height is agreeable to you,
just drive it!

BTW, although it's a PIA, you *can* access the collar and turn it with the
shock mounted on the car.   If you raise the car off the ground and take the
weight off it, chances are the spring will be floating between the upper
and lower mounts, and with the locking device freed, you can probably turn it
by hand?