[DeTomaso] Shock update-help

panteratime at aol.com panteratime at aol.com
Sat May 1 19:12:44 EDT 2010

Folks,
I received correct sized sleeves and pressed them in.
Shocks are in.  Problem/question-The collar that threads up to squeeze spring is on the very bottom of the treaded shock area.  I have the adjustment tool  but cant manuver tool with shocks in car.  Ride height seems ok.  Do I need to tread the collar up at least 1/2 inch or so?  seems like its sitting on minimul thread now.
I assume I should have threaded the collar up when shock was out of car?
thanks