[DeTomaso] machine ball joint to modify alingment

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 21 01:02:23 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/20/10 13 16 54, steveblum2 at msn.com writes:

> Attached are photos of both sides. The shims on both sides are to the
> rear so that looks good. When I get it on the alignment rack i need to compare
> wheelbase measurements, it looks like I need to move some right side
> shims.
>

>>>No, no, a thousand times no!

The shims are supposed to be in the FRONT!   Not the rear!   The whole
point of the exercise is to move the ball joint as far to the rear as possible;
that's why you had the back leg of the A-arm straightened, to give you much
increased caster.

I take it that you didn't assemble the car this way--who did?   If they
were 'professionals', do not ever go back there.