[DeTomaso] NPC: Fake Census Forms scam warning

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 02:21:15 EDT 2010

This from a good neighbor 3-doors down the street from me...

 > We just got our *second* census form in the mail a couple of days ago
and after a bit of research Sandy and I came to the conclusion that we
just return mailed a fake on Monday.
 > Maybe some of you received the same one we did; it was big, maybe 15 pages.  It looked like a big booklet, asked a lot of questions about the household, who lived at this
address,
 > own or rent, race, ages, our income, and utility bill
amounts.  It looked like the real deal. In fact the one we just
received, that Sandy verified is genuine, looks more fake to me than
 > the one I mailed in.

I think I might have sent the same Census form in as well... Guess I should have only said I belong to the "Human Race" instead of answering the questions. Drat!